Thursday, June 28, 2012

New KAL's Starting in August

Hi,

This is a little ditty about a KAL otherwise known as a Knit-A-Long for those of us not in the know.  Believe you me, I didn't know what it meant for the longest time, then I finally got up the courage to ask.  You see even though I have been knitting for a while, I have not knitted in a group or on the internet per-Se.  But this is a lot of fun.  It is like a Mystery Needlepoint except you really don't know what to expect since you only know that it is a shawl, shawlette, bag, scarf, etc.

Now this KAL is by She-Knits.  This is a great designer, who designs a wonderful range of knitted bags, shawl, mitts, scarfs.  I love her designs, since they are more youthful, or as she calls them "modern, retro, funky, all fresh".

The KAL is a Shawlette/Scarf, named such as it can be worn as both, very cool.  It is called Floralee and I am hoping it will have beads in it.  Not to worry, if it does not, they are not challenging to add in.  This is easy to do when you have finished your stitching for the evening and want to wind down and watch a movie :)  At least that is what I do.  Give it a try, you might find it fun.  Or if your stitching project is to large to take to the Ball game take a knitting project instead.  It is so easy to interchange, and fun.

Their is an Early Bird special for Floralee, which has started and will end on 7/6/12.  The first clue then arrives in your email on August 1st, 2012.  Oh, you also need to sign up and to be a member of Ravelry.  Th
is is free, and there is a group chat and see as you go along, which is fun.  Check it out, who knows, you may find yourself getting hooked!
Santa, myself, & Missy

At this particular game I happened to be needlepointing, what can I say, a habit is awfully hard to break, plus Sammy was just itching to be stitched on!

Please check the Fun Stitches for some more ideas, I am adding to it.

Have fun stitching, oops, knitting, or doing whatever tickles your fancy,

Sheena

Hope to see you in the Floralee KAL


1 comment:

  1. I could not access your needlepoint blog anymore and then I found this blog...Yay, you are knitting! Yay. Welcome my friend to another stitchy adventure. I find needlepoint and knitting goes well together, as you well know. :)

    Plz let us know who you are on Ravelry...I can't wait to see all your projects...and there are a ton of free patterns on there, and a million groups...everyone is so nice...you are really going to love the knitting world. :)

    ReplyDelete